Opening Times 8:30AM to 3:30PM, Monday to Friday. Closed at Recess times
Who can borrow?
Children, Staff and Parents. There is a small Parent Collection, but parents may also borrow any other items.
Specific general borrowing times have been set aside each day for individuals, classes or small groups:
- 8:30 am to 9:30am Monday to Friday
- 1:45pm to 2:10pm Monday to Friday
- 3:15pm to 3:30pm Monday to Friday
It is up to the classroom teacher to decide which of these times they will use or they may decide to book another time for their class on a permanent or irregular basis.
There is borrowing during the first half of the lunchtime.
Library is automated and uses the AMLIB System.
All borrowers need a borrowing card. These will be made on request. The initial card is free. Replacement cards cost $2.20 (includes GST)
Length of borrowing time varies according to the category of borrower or type of item.
- Pre-school - 2 weeks
- Junior students (R - Yr 2) - 2 weeks
- Middle Primary (Yr3 - 5) - 2 weeks
- Middle School (Yr 6-7) - 3 weeks
- Parents - 3 weeks
Extensions to loans can be made on request. Children are encouraged to bring a Sturdy Bag to help protect the items they borrow.
Lost or damaged books
Lost or damaged items must be paid for. Overdue notices are printed daily and will be given to the children by their classroom teacher.
- 1st Notice - This is in the form of a reminder that the borrower has items which are overdue and need to be returned as soon as possible.
- 2nd Notice - This has the same format as the first notice and is given out 5 days later.
- 3rd Notice: Final Notice - This is sent to parents as a final request for the return of overdue items and indicates the replacement value.
- 4th Notice: Billing Notice - This billing notice will be sent 5 days after the final notice.
To meet the learning requirements of classes the Library Resource Centre operates on a flexible timetable. This means that all classes are booked in for as many periods a week as is necessary for their current topic.
At lunchtime the centre is open to any child, parent or staff member for recreational or study use, when it is staffed by volunteer senior students and one staff member.